University of Maryland Department of Fire Protection Engineering Mission Statement:
“To reduce the burden of fire losses on life and property by providing the highest quality of scientifically-based education, research and outreach in fire protection engineering, and in fire-related safety, health and environmental issues.”
Alumni Club Mission & Purpose:
- Promote and support the University of Maryland Department of Fire Protection Engineering whenever and wherever possible and recognize outstanding alumni and students.
- Maintain channels of communication among the alumni, staff, and students of the University.
- Promote and offer programs to advance the professional development of current students and alumni. Increase the visibility of the University of Maryland Department of Fire Protection Engineering, promote the reputation of the alumni, and perform service that will contribute to the educational mission of the University and the College of Engineering.
- Assist the University of Maryland Department of Fire Protection Engineering staff in identifying potential supporters and advocating the Department of Fire Protection Engineering to potential students and supporters.
- Facilitate the exchange of information among alumni members.
- Encourage the recognition and appreciation of alumni in the university family and in University affairs.
- Provide alumni with information about events and developments at the University of Maryland Department of Fire Protection Engineering.
- Support recruiting activities for new students.
- Provide course support (guest lectures, materials, case studies) to enhance the learning experience within the Program.
- Mentor undergraduates in independent study projects.
- Act as a network to connect students with intern opportunities.
- Collect and disburse funds for the achievement of these purposes.
Club Constitution and Bylaws
View the Alumni Club Constitution and Bylaws (Updated 9/1/12) (PDF)